Gå tilbake   Foreldreportalen > FPForum > Generell diskusjon > Nyheter og media

Obama, Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad og Irak

Nyheter og media Forum for diskusjoner av nyheter og artikler. Husk å lenke til aktuell artikkel i første innlegg, så meddebattantene får mulighet til å sette seg inn i temaet.

Svar

Trådverktøy Visningsmåter
Gammel 07-11-08, 10:07   #1
HP
Administrator

HP sin avatar

Medlem siden: Sep 2006
Hvor: Bergen
Blogginnlegg: 6
HP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtid
Standard

Obama, Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad og Irak

Folk i Chicago er visst ikke helt vant med å ha kommende Presidenter i byen:

Sitat:

Some of the drivers here in Chicago do not seem to understand that a)
the Chicago police car at the end of the president-elect's motorcade is
serious about having traffic pull over when the officers flash their
lights and hit their sirens, and b) it's not a great idea to jump ahead
of traffic by trying to cut around the black SUV filled with five
heavily-armed secret service CAT members. When the motorcade pulled onto
Van Buren, an African-American couple driving a tan sedan tried to drive
around the motorcade. The SUV cut the car off immediately, and the
security team aimed their weapons at the car. The driver and passenger
in the sedan stopped, and looked stunned -- until the male driver
appeared to understand what was happening (your pool reporter could see
him mouth "Obama"). The motorcade continued on. The sedan remained
stopped, near the side of the road.

En kort Time-artikkel om Rahm Emanuel, Obamas Chief of Staff; omtalt som den nest-mektigste posisjonen i Washington.

Sitat:

Obama may speak beautifully and inspirationally about hope and change, about bipartisan cooperation and a better America. But he clearly understands that you just can't sit around talking about all the good things you want to do when you get to the White House and then expect them to happen all by themselves. Which means you can't hire a staff that's going to gather at work every day, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Instead, you bring in a guy like Emanuel, the most hard-headed, no-nonsense, foul-mouthed, smart-as-hell, get-it-done-or-get-out-of-my-way Washington insider of his generation.

Irans president gratulerer Obama med seieren:

Sitat:

In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

Mr. Barack Obama

President-elect of the United States of America

I congratulate you on having gained the majority of the votes of those who took part in the election. As you know, the chances that God gives to his subjects pass swiftly. They can be used for the perfection of humanity and to the benefit of nations or, God forbid, to the detriment of nations.

I hope you will choose to honor the real interests of people and justice and equity over the insatiable appetites of the selfish minority. Use this chance to serve to the extent you can. And leave a good name behind for yourself.

Les hele her: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110603030.html

HP er ikke aktiv   Svar med sitat
Gammel 07-11-08, 11:25   #2
HP
Administrator

HP sin avatar

Medlem siden: Sep 2006
Hvor: Bergen
Blogginnlegg: 6
HP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtidHP har en fantastisk fremtid
Standard

Sv: Obama, Chicago, Rahm Emanuel og Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Obamas seier har allerede forandret det politiske klimaet i Irak.

NYTimes: Obama Victory Alters the Tenor of Iraqi Politics

Sitat:

BAGHDAD — Barack Obama may have been elected only three days ago, but his victory is already beginning to shift the political ground in Iraq and the region.

Iraqi Shiite politicians are indicating that they will move faster toward a new security agreement about American troops, and a Bush administration official said he believed that Iraqis could ratify the agreement as early as the middle of this month.

“Before, the Iraqis were thinking that if they sign the pact, there will be no respect for the schedule of troop withdrawal by Dec. 31, 2011,” said Hadi al-Ameri, a powerful member of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq, a major Shiite party. “If Republicans were still there, there would be no respect for this timetable. This is a positive step to have the same theory about the timetable as Mr. Obama.”

HP er ikke aktiv   Svar med sitat
Gammel 07-11-08, 15:25   #3
Skvetten
Passiv

Standard

Sv: Obama, Chicago, Rahm Emanuel og Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Opprinnelig lagt inn av HP, her.

Obamas seier har allerede forandret det politiske klimaet i Irak.

NYTimes: Obama Victory Alters the Tenor of Iraqi Politics

Det blir veldig spennende å følge utviklingen i Irak. Jeg er rimelig sikker på at ting blir løst på en ganske annen måte enn med Bush. Den kristenkonservative Bush hadde aldri annet enn en ovenfra og ned holdning ovenfor de Irakiske ledere og det har nok ikke bidratt til stabilitet.

Obamas inntreden i Oval Office vil nok vise seg veldig viktig også med tanke på Iran og for ikke å glemme i Afghanistan. Det kan vise seg at han er en viktig brikke for å kunne komme til løsninger som vil føre til at demokratiseringsprosessen skyter fart i disse landene.

Svar med sitat
Svar

Innleggsregler
Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
Du kan ikke skrive svar
Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
Du kan ikke endre dine innlegg

BB code is
[IMG] kode er
HTML kode er Av
Bytt forum

Alle klokkeslett er GMT +2. Klokken er nå 19:32.